Last week, I was under the weather and when this is the case, I usually go to the supermarket and buy some ready-made soup. I decided to tackle the cold and make my own. Here are the steps I took:
- Finely chop white onions, leeks, carrots, celery, green onions, parsley, and chives
- Bring chicken broth to boil in a large pan
- Add in the white onions, leeks, carrots, and celery
- Boil altogether for 15 minutes
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Finely break apart vermicelli noodles and add them to the soup
- Cook vermicelli noodles for approximately 3 minutes
- Pour into a soup bowl and garnish with green onions, chives, parsley and parmesan cheese, serve with a side of toast!
I was very satisfied with the final result of my meal. It was very soothing and it felt even better to make it myself.