Today for breakfast I made french toast. To add more nutrients to this meal, I recommend you add some fresh fruit. As I was snowed in, I didn’t have many groceries so this was a simple recipe I could make with regular items I have in the fridge. Usually I would just have peanut butter on toast but I decided to try something new. It was delicious and very filling with the eggs as protein. It only took about 15 minutes from start to finish. These are the ingredients and steps I took to make 6 pieces for 2 people:
- Whisk together 5 eggs, 3 tablespoons of milk, 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla extract, and a good shake of cinnamon powder
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large non-stick frying pan
- Dip each slice of bread one at a time into the mixture and make sure you flip it to get both sides saturated
- Fry 3 slices of bread at a time on medium heat for 3 minutes on each side
- Plate and serve with some maple syrup!